Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Direction will you go ?

Go down 
+2
typan
simbo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

What Direction will you go ? Empty
PostSubject: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Looking at the Intruder and variations of mods that get done to them, it got me thinking? What direction will I eventually go with my bike? Currently me & Jo use it as a summer cruiser for pottering and riding around the country at weekends and evenings. Hence the panniers, screen, comfort mods and a few chrome bits for good measure. As you know, I have the SV for any speed issue's that need clearing out of the system and that's why the 800 fits well into the garage. Later this year or early next year (before my 50th) I intend or hope to buy a BMW RT (it was the R but they're to similar to the SV) which we'll use for touring and holidaying. Then the Intruder will need a different purpose, as I can't justify three/four bikes in the garage with two having the same purpose.
The Gas Gas will be sold or traded for a road/trail bike so it's justified or loose it's place. Anyway, back to the Intruder, It will eventually be turned into a single seat posing machine for showing off on. (I wish lol I'll buy a profiler seat that blends in and looks single)
What have you got in line for your bike long term folks? pictures for general idea's, Bobber, Cruising, posing, there's just so many options with these bikes!
This is something like I'd like mine to end up like (pro pipe and no flames though)

What Direction will you go ? Nice2
What Direction will you go ? Nice1
Happy modding which ever direction you go, It's a beautiful bike however it's dressed What Direction will you go ? 3498837457 Quick update Jo says the GasGas has to go What Direction will you go ? 2018986227 I'll work on that one What Direction will you go ? 852880
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Nice bike that sim,I will more than likely change bike when I get the urge depends what's offered to me.would love to get a rd 400 again,had a couple when I was younger. Could of got a Honda magna a while back but being an import it put me off.always liked Yamaha vmax.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm

I think when you afford more than one bike it is nice to have one that you tinker with & the 800 fits in to that catagory very well. As an only bike it is able to do whatever is asked of it without complaining. But as a bike that is only wanted for posing on you have a great base to start on especially with what you have done already. As a fully dressed up poser bike it fits the bill but so easily fits so many other bills as well. They bobberise so well and in so many possible ways. I think if you are going to keep a bike as a second bike to the BMW then you have made the right choice to keep the 800
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm

After I paint mine it will be primarily for show off purposes I guess.

Custom paint + loud exhaust and lots of chrome What Direction will you go ? 2747638305

But since I'm feeling the drain of money a lot recently that might take a while to get there... :/
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:41 pm

I can't put pictures up of what I want because I am not 100% sure what I do want. However mine will one day end up as a bobber & the following is in my minds eye at present.

It will still have ape hanger bars.
It will have a leather springer seat.
It will have a custom paint job (predominantly Purple, red & black)
It will have a fully visible rear tyre with no option for a passenger.
It will have a very small rear mudguard.
It will have white wall tyres.
It will have extended rake (stock suspension but 2" longer internal spacer)
It will be dropped 2" at rear
Back to top Go down
twinny68
twinny68

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

thinking of trading up to a rocket 3 or may get an older triumph and keep the intruder as i love the ride
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Funny you say that Pete, I was thinking along the same lines. The Intruder is here to stay permanently because I love her and enjoy the fact that it can be a thousand different bikes with just a few different modifications.
If you only have one bike she is a great bike to have but she also works so well as a second bike. I have so many plans for her yet and love to tinker with her. When I get another bike to sit beside her I will leave that pretty much standard whatever it is & just carry on enjoying the intruder for the chameleon that it is.
Back to top Go down
twinny68
twinny68

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm

will have to buy another garage first no room in mine for two bikes but always room for a second garage more space to tinker with things ha ha
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Ha Ha I love your style. What Direction will you go ? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Direction will you go ?   What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Direction will you go ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: General Aftermarkets & Modifications-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Richard Jordan Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:59 pm

» Lovely new badge.
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Richard Jordan Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:56 pm

» Hello
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Richard Jordan Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:52 pm

» My new toy
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby DaniloPeternek888 Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:51 pm

» Rear brake
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:44 am

» Hello from DK
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby henrikndk Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:29 am

» Hello from Toronto
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby FrostyMug Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:07 pm

» For ADMIN!
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Doc Cox Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:45 pm

» Saying hi.
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby chrismason68 Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:57 pm

» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:23 pm

» Hi from OH
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby JohnnyFive13 Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:44 pm

» Will be making my own exhausts
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Popshot Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:30 pm

» 2001 Suzuki VL800 Cobra drag pipes
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Brim Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:28 pm

» Brake lights
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby flying1 Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:59 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
What Direction will you go ? Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password