Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800

Go down 
+5
Twojobmick
captain crash
oldfart
Mr Intruder
Badger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Empty
PostSubject: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:45 pm

I am looking to get some big old saddlebags / panniers for next season, as I have
some nice ones now, but they are made for solo riding really. Where would be a
good place to buy said item? I'm not bothered about them being leather. These
are the ones I have at the moment ... too small.

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 6531063645_3e01b7d594_m

These are the fittings ......

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 6108227657_d52ceb19e5
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:58 pm

So after looking at the ones you have you need some the same hight but wider and deeper, would that be right?
Get the measurement of the ones you have on there at the moment and while I am gandering sites I will look for what your after as well.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:12 am

410 wide 300mm, High and 165 deep. [6'' and half ] ?
I think the width is important. These are really narrow.
I will have a look on the American site, where I got these,
then have a look at our discount shops here. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Found these 27 ltr ones at GetGeared £79.99
Dimensions (WxHxD): 40 x 32 x 22 cm
That's a fair bit more capacity than your current one's.
You loose a little on the width but gain on the height and the depth.

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Media
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

Hi Badger,

My C50T saddlebags come in two flavours one with studs and the ones I have without studs the ref number is 990A0-77045, if you want studded bags then add -STD to the end of the ref number supplied. Keep in mind that those numbers are from an aussie suzuki dealer.

Regards Len
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 am

Cheers mate . . . I shall look into that. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 184121345
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 am

Badger wrote:
Cheers mate . . . I shall look into that. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 184121345

Better look in to selling your wife at the same time they are expensive
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 pm

captain crash wrote:
Better look in to selling your wife at the same time they are expensive
Yeah the Suzuki stuff is really good quality but the prices are ridiculous you could probably buy 6 sets of the ones I posted higher up for the price of one set of Suzuki branded bags
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 pm

why not get a leather sissy bar bag instead? they can be cheaper and will give you the extra room during any trip

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-2-PCE-SISSY-BAR-RACK-MOUNTED-STEEL-RIDGID-FRAME-ALL-LEATHER-/400251241873?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d30d54591
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm

That's a great bit of kit, I have never bothered to look at them properly before but am impressed with that
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Hmmm ... the Suzuki bags are the thick end of £300

I like Dave's pic more now. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I know some girls with some large "saddlebags" if thats any good to ya Badger........ They'll probably sit on the back of yer bike if you ask nicely too Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I had a pissed up tart jump on the back of my Harley once Mick,
while I was waiting in traffic.

Not happened with the Suzuki yet.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm

We live in hope
Back to top Go down
ozrider
ozrider

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 am

oldfart wrote:
why not get a leather sissy bar bag instead? they can be cheaper and will give you the extra room during any trip

I just ordered these to use as a computer bag for commuting to workhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harley-Leather-Cruiser-Motorcycle-Sissybar-Bag-Saddle-Bag-Authentic-RRP-369-/300684692301?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602344b4d he has so many listed I got them for $99 + postage. His sight says $150 postage to the UK.

I have his saddlebags and they are very good quality for the price, I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
ozrider
ozrider

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 am

ozrider wrote:
oldfart wrote:

I just ordered these to use as a computer bag for commuting to workhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harley-Leather-Cruiser-Motorcycle-Sissybar-Bag-Saddle-Bag-Authentic-RRP-369-/300684692301?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602344b4d he has so many listed I got them for $99 + postage. His sight says $150 postage to the UK. I have his saddlebags and they are very good quality for the price, I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

(Perhaps a man of vision, I meant site....)
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 am

cant remember there size but they got saddlebags on the m and p web site they start at 45 pound i think was thinking of getting a set myself there cheap and look good also have matching bag that goes across the back of bike on the rack wich gives you more space without haveing to get big panniers and gives you the full on cruser luggage look and loads of space for shopping they do em plain or with studs duno if they will suit your needs but worth a look hope you get what your after badger
Back to top Go down
ozrider
ozrider

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 am

ozrider wrote:
ozrider wrote:
oldfart wrote:

I just ordered these to use as a computer bag for commuting to workhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harley-Leather-Cruiser-Motorcycle-Sissybar-Bag-Saddle-Bag-Authentic-RRP-369-/300684692301?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602344b4d he has so many listed I got them for $99 + postage. His sight says $150 postage to the UK. I have his saddlebags and they are very good quality for the price, I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

(Perhaps a man of vision, I meant site....)

Received my rack bags as per above..they look pretty good and are big enough to fit my notebook bag inside.

The only thing I will change is the cord at the back to tie it to the rack to stop bouncing (photo 2), I'll change for a couple of small leather straps. (small dog or cat collars should be perfect)

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 BILD0010-1

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 BILD0017
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 184121345 They look really good.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Hey Badger ....

I bought a leather roll bag a couple of years ago from the NEC show which is basically the same as the one in the picture at the bottom left corner of Ozrider's photos above. Can fit 2 x open face or 1 x full face & 1 x open facce helmets in , or loads of other gear if you don't use it for the helmets. I've drilled the rack and used some m6 bolts / nuts to secure it to the rack as it was very loose using the straps it came with.

£75.00 from City of Leather in London ( can do mail order ) ... and it's pretty good quality too mate. definitely worth considering. You can just about make it out on the back of my bike in my profile picture. Its just big enough without being too bulky. generally put it on if me / wifey going out but usually ride solo without it as I've got my Givi panniers to put most stuff in.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks for all the replies guys.
Getgeared bags look good .......
M&P bags are the same depth, not as high, but wider.
Also .... £20 cheaper.

This also looks good ........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-LEATHER-LUGGAGE-SISSY-ROLL-BARREL-BAG-/270931094826?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D330554834546%26ps%3D54

M&P bags ...... http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/576647/Luggage/Custom-Luggage/AKA
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:10 pm

I think its horses for courses Badger, it all depends what your requirements are. I like saddle bags on a cruiser as I think they look great and the ones you have shown are a great price but the sissy bar bag is also a great price and a descent looking bag. Oh dear choices choices chices, what to do

On my bike I used to have either a tesco or morrisons bag with me pack lunch in hanging off the handle bar so I would be happy with either Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 2740622253

I do like the fact that the sissy bar bag is like a sports bag with an easy attchment to the sissy bar tho
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I may very well buy one of those sissy bar bags, that would be well handy for work and at a good price & it looks nice too!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Just bought the sissy bar bag you posted Badger, thanks for the LINK .
Well handy for a quick on, quick off bag for work. Not all that big but just what I need.Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 am

Got my sissy bag today so I will stick on the bike tomorrow badger to give you a proper idea of the size against the bike. (or should I say today) Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 852880
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am

Mr Intruder wrote:
Just bought the sissy bar bag you posted Badger, thanks for the LINK .
Well handy for a quick on, quick off bag for work. Not all that big but just what I need.Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 3498837457

The bag looks good and the price is very reasonable, Do you need a rear rack for it to rest on or do you just strap it to the sissy bar?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 am

You can just strap it to to sissy bar, either backward or forward facing I suppose.
Its not a big bag but its a handy size for a bit of shopping or for work.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 am

ThanksBig saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
You can just strap it to to sissy bar, either backward or forward facing I suppose.
Its not a big bag but its a handy size for a bit of shopping or for work.

Got one. Perfect for a trip down Cardiff, or a day out on a run.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Bloody hell mate read through the thread and remembered that I had promised to post a picture for you Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 804997 I was half comatosed when I read it at the end of yet another 15hr shift on nights.

I have been using mine all the time, for work and stuff, well handy for popping on and off the bike.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

captain crash wrote:
I do like the fact that the sissy bar bag is like a sports bag with an easy attchment to the sissy bar tho

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Bag1 Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Bag2

I put this on mine before I had saddle bags - £6.99 Swansea Market. Just looks like an ordinary shoulder bag when you go in the shop. Cheap, nasty but effective.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:39 pm

OK, got my sissy bag, [man, that sounds super gay] and I decided to buy these from M&P, £65.50 incl p+p

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/576647/Luggage/Custom-Luggage/AKA

Arrived today, and I am very pleased indeed. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 586905
Plenty of room, wider than my old ones, ties at the back, feel solid, nice overlaps on the top to keep the rain out,
and a lovely 'suede type' inner to the tops. Also has little zipped pocket inside for documents or whatever, zips on
the top has a small locking strap. These are well thought out.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Badger the link you gave shows Panniers?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

could you maybe do a few photos badger of them (open shut ) on the bike so on i reelly intrested in these as they are the ones that i want to get for my bike( are they waterproof what ever else you can think of ) wich is why i said about them being at m and p in my other post all though i got the price wrong mabe its 45 pounds for the bag that goes on the sissy bar that matches the panniers im hoping to get both and am intrested in any comments you have about them thanks
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Sorry Dave, it was the panniers that I bought.
The sissy bag I bought earlier, I just thought I would mention it as it's
part of my touring kit now.
Morgan .. I will lash up one to the bike, and take a pic, to give you
some idea of size on a c800.

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 7232853506_94ac597a29_z

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 7232856082_eb9f8beeb4
Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 7232857988_66daab9471

They are the same material [not leather] as my old panniers, and they were waterproof.
Dave, John, .... I will be cleaning the bike in about an hour's time ... don't fret. Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:54 pm

I hope you have cleaned that bike now Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 2740622253

They are a really nice looking set of bag's and at that price happy days Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

To be honest if I was going to buy saddle bags I would by synthetic ones as I can't see the benifit of leather and the cost attached to them
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I bought leather as they were the first saddle bags I had ever bought and wanted them to be quality. However I am inclined to agree with your statement Crash and would probably go for man made if I was to buy again, purely on price as I can also see no benefit in leather.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm

thankyou very much badger they look good and big there probaly water proof but you can always put a bin bag in them first and then fill that up and tye a knot in it if your fully packed on a long run just to play it safe god i just looked at them again if i had them and the matching bag for the sissy bar i think id have to start packing extra stuff just to fill all of them up hhhhmmmmm thats that then im now definatly going to be getting some of these when i get the dosh thanks again for pics ohh and kleen your bike man (or just think sod it next week like i do )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800   Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big saddlebags Wanted For Suzuki C800
Page 1 of 1