Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50

Go down 
+7
captain crash
fat intruder
Mr Intruder
MarcinG
Jimmyboy
Bunso Steel
shotsailor
11 posters
AuthorMessage
shotsailor
shotsailor

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Empty
PostSubject: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:08 am

Have this 500-16 Avon mileage front tire installed. Looks pretty much nostalgic and just fits under the fender; 4-5 millimeters left.
Steering is really oke.
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 97de788dca04eb80bccf7d4f2adc7c84
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 am

Looks cool! looks quite square at the edges though?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:37 am

I really like the retro look to it but it does look like its going to fall off the edge of the tread when leaning/cornering??

Jim.
Back to top Go down
shotsailor
shotsailor

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:57 am

I was a little concerned about that but it really feels okay. I had to get used to it the first 50 miles but now it feels just like my bridgestone exedra I had before.
Because the tire is a bit "higher" it feels if i have a little more "pullback" at my bar.
My speedometer has no longer a "six miles fault" but is accurat now.
And....I like the looks.
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm

It really suits the look of your bike Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 184121345  Bike looks brilliant by the way
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Looks nice. I wouldn't like to see what will happen if a stone gets stuck in tire and will go through that 5 mm clearance affraid
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm

They are a popular bike tyre, good choice. Looks great. Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 3498837457
Back to top Go down
shotsailor
shotsailor

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 pm

MarcinG wrote:
Looks nice. I wouldn't like to see what will happen if a stone gets stuck in tire and will go through that 5 mm clearance affraid
Me eather........:shithhappens:
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:58 pm

great old school look Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 184121345
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

I likes it, looks very good. Love the very top picture especially. Plenty of bikes have a very close profile between the tyre and the front mud guard so I wouldn't worry to much and your right shit does happen. If we were overly worried about stuff, we wouldn't be bikers in the first place. so just enjoy it
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Looks good! very chunky! Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Sorry to go off topic but that tank cover looks ace Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 184121345
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:52 pm

if your bringing it up I thought the same crash different and fits in well on the black bike I have always liked that style of set up with the spots and head light as well very cool lookin
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:37 pm

shotsailor... would you be so kind to show me how you have your panniers mounted?
they appear to have no throw-over bit so they must be fixed to bolts directly?
Back to top Go down
shotsailor
shotsailor

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:48 pm

They are fixed on a bracket. 
Mostly I only use a bag on one side. Only on vacation I use both bags.

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 P3150156
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Awesome..where did you get those brackets? Got a link?
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Excellant pic of your bike,well done on the mods.
Back to top Go down
hogbos
hogbos

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm

That's the same tyre I have on the front of mine too but I was worried about the clearance so made some brackets to raise the front fender.

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Trike3
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Just goes to show that there are normally a way to make things fit that you are at times unsure of Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm

I like the look of those tyres, they look like they are good. .................. What are your findings?
Back to top Go down
shotsailor
shotsailor

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 am

I think I put my wide bar back on again for a more retro look.
At this picture I had my original headlight installed and had a crashbar.
I don't like cornering with a crashbar so mutch.....
This picture was also the frontpage of a dutch Intruder magazine.
As you see I like the retro style.

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Berdorfsolo2-crop2
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:33 am

Where did you get the tank cover from?
Back to top Go down
shotsailor
shotsailor

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 am

The tankcover is made by Bagster...bagster.com.
There is only one model that fits the M800 but because it is made for the Marauder it doesn't fit perfectly. 
You need some heat so you can stretch the cover a bit.
Don't know how it will fit the VL800.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:15 am

Oh well, never mind, I will get on made very similar at some point, as yours looks brilliant. Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 3005623951
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 2:09 pm

I know I'm coming into this a year after the thread was started but I'm looking for a new pair of tyres & I love the tread pattern on these - now you've had them on for a year, can I ask how you've found them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50   Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: wheels, Tyres & Brakes-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» Hello
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby TZ250 Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:42 pm

» Help CDI/ignitor
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Reidzzz Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:38 am

» Hello
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Reidzzz Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:32 am

» Hello
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby zmaj_od_sipova Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:13 pm

» Hello
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby LordSweeteffall Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:44 pm

» 2002 vl 800 fuel sending
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby watsonchuck1 Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:00 am

Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Richard Jordan Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:59 pm

» Lovely new badge.
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Richard Jordan Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:56 pm

» My new toy
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby DaniloPeternek888 Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:51 pm

» Rear brake
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:44 am

» Hello from DK
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby henrikndk Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:29 am

» Hello from Toronto
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby FrostyMug Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:07 pm

» For ADMIN!
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Doc Cox Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:45 pm

» Saying hi.
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby chrismason68 Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:57 pm

» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:23 pm

» Hi from OH
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby JohnnyFive13 Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:44 pm

» Will be making my own exhausts
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Popshot Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:30 pm

» 2001 Suzuki VL800 Cobra drag pipes
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby Brim Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:28 pm

» Brake lights
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby flying1 Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:59 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Retro front tire fitted ......... Suzuki M50 Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password