Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to help stop electrical problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

How to help stop electrical problems Empty
PostSubject: How to help stop electrical problems   How to help stop electrical problems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Some of you will have read a recent thread where "Sim" had an intermittent total electrical power loss on his SV1000. The reason for this is due to arcing within the two connecting power sockets, which is easily stopped.

Vaseline is something we should all have in our workshop/garage/shed. When ever you are messing about with your bike smear/splodge some Vaseline in to any electrical connectors that you have access too. This works in several ways, firstly it stops the connectors from degrading and growing that green furry shit on them that reduces and will eventually stop current under extreme conditions. Secondly it isn't a conductor so will stop arcing and prevent moisture from gaining entry to that point.

I always use liberal amounts of Vaseline on all electrics on my off road bikes due to riding in water, rivers and sloppy mud a lot and it really is preventative medicine. How to help stop electrical problems 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How to help stop electrical problems   How to help stop electrical problems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 pm

That's something I will be doing from now on How to help stop electrical problems 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: How to help stop electrical problems   How to help stop electrical problems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:00 pm

As always and as expected, yet again real good advice Mr I How to help stop electrical problems 881924
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: How to help stop electrical problems   How to help stop electrical problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Have to agree 100% with you there Dave, have been using it for years on all electrical connections, also smear some on the base of your battery terminals, the battery will sometimes vent a small amount of vapour at this point and can corrode the contacts or in the worst case can accumulate and then run down the battery and wreak havoc on other parts of the bike, if you think this has happened put a good dose of bicarb of soda slowly into a kettle of boiling water and then slowly tip it all onto the battery terminals, this will follow the path of any acid spillage and neutalise it, this will not harm any of the bike components but will leave a white deposit that can be removed easily, regards to you all Doc Cox, E=MC2How to help stop electrical problems 855947
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to help stop electrical problems   How to help stop electrical problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to help stop electrical problems
Page 1 of 1