Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes

Go down 
+3
simbo
Ken1964
captain crash
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Popscycle
Prospect
Popscycle

Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Empty
PostSubject: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi I have bought a second hand light bar with two spotlights attached. One of them is badly fire damaged, which I knew about. My idea was to buy a new spotlight and just replace it. Having looked for ages I finally gave up the search and decided to go for a new pair of spots. I have always liked the look of the Angel eyes surrounding the spotlight bulb, so I bought 2 x chrome 4" Spotlights with a Blue tinted angel eye rim, 12v H3 & LED. Cost £15 for the pair. I installed them onto light bar and before doing any wiring thought I would test with a temporary 12v connection. I was surprised at just how blue the angel eye is when illuminated. Once the spotlight is turned on the blueness is turned down quite a bit. My idea is to use the angel eye part along side of my sidelight as daytime running lights and use the main spotlights along side the high beam for extra illumination.
Before wiring them in permanently via a relay for the spotlights to the lighting system I would like your thoughts and ideas on the set up 
Thank you for any input
Keith
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:17 pm

I have only one though on this, sounds like a bloody good plan  Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes 184121345  It will look nice with the blue angel eyes on in the day and great for the extra vision at night plus these bikes always look good with the extra spots fitted  Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes 184121345
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Does your model not have an auxiliary power point in the headlight bucket?
Back to top Go down
Popscycle
Prospect
Popscycle

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Ken1964 wrote:
Does your model not have an auxiliary power point in the headlight bucket?

I'm not certain trying to find a wiring diagram or getting hold of a manual to check wire colours etc.

Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes B9c3db9b-cab6-48de-b7eb-7c2cc28e8876_zps46ff2b1c-1

I hope it is legal once working. Although in daylight not that blue when lit. If the worst comes to the worst I'll fit it ona  separate switch
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:42 pm

That looks good, great ideas. What year is the bike?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 pm

They look good  Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Popscycle
Prospect
Popscycle

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
That looks good, great ideas. What year is the bike?

Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Just looked at the wiring diagram, it seems their is no switched auxiliary appliance lead in the headlight bucket.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Keith

This i will say it's only a thought: the BMW enduro/trail bikes has also those types of projectors as extra lights. Perhaps asking a friend or someone that has this type or similar if he know how they was connected.
Back to top Go down
Popscycle
Prospect
Popscycle

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Just looked at the wiring diagram, it seems their is no switched auxiliary appliance lead in the headlight bucket.
My first thoughts was to wire angel eye into side light wiring. With bike having a light switch on bars I can switch side light on with out head light. The main spot wired into the headlight via a relay. Hopefully that will work and with the addition of a relay should be safe enough (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 8:16 am

Sounds good to me.  Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 pm

Did I read right? £15 for two?

You stole them!

Good find  lgd
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:41 am

Wow cheap and friggin ace looking as well  Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes   Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotlights with Blue tint angel eyes
Page 1 of 1